Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
ARS invites curious, passionate and reliable applicants to apply for the position of Jr.Astrobiologist
and Sr. Astrobiologist. Prospective candidates in the field will need at least a Master’s degree in any
relevant field for an entry-level position and a doctoral degree for advanced positions.
Our ideal candidate has an outstanding academic track record and proven credentials in research and
academia. And the ideal candidate should have adequate knowledge in Astrobiology, Astronomy,
Mathematics, exobiology, chemistry, microbiology, biochemistry, genome science,
Earth-Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences, geography and other relevant subjects.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Develop an instructional plan (known as a course outline or syllabus) for the course(s)
they teach and ensure that it meets college and department standards
- Conducting research and publishing papers in academic journals.
- Teaching and supervising students.
- Answering questions in class or via email or telephone.
- Writing proposals to secure funding for research.
- Attending faculty and departmental meetings and voicing concerns or providing
suggestions for improvement.
- Assess students’ progress by grading assignments, papers, exams, and other work
- Advise students about which classes to take and how to achieve their goals
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field
- Work with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum for a degree or certificate
program involving a series of courses
- Grading papers, updating records, and handling various administrative tasks.
- Master’s / Ph.D. in the relevant academic discipline
- We prefer experienced candidates in the relevant stream/field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in research/academia.
- Published works with good research scores and citations would be advantageous.
- A good record of attending conferences and academic events.
- Excellent research, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Need strong analytical skills, as they must be precise during research experiments.
- The ideal candidate should also have self-discipline and be able to work independently.
- Critical-thinking skills
- Should have strong math skills and be able to perform complex operations with the
data they collect during research experiments.