Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Roccor, A Redwire Company, was founded in 2011 and is based in Longmont, Colorado. We’re a fast-growing, vibrant, high technology aerospace supplier in the aerospace and thermal management industries. Our novel designs address cost and performance limitations to revolutionize spaceflight and military operations. We have contracts with NASA, the U.S. military, and commercial space companies all around the world and have delivered multiple spaceflight deployable systems for use on U.S. government orbital programs.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer responsible for directing the team and reviewing the completed work products. They ensure efficient development and smooth transition through design, build, and test for multiple projects for space. They interact with external customers, subcontractors, and the project technical team to guide technical development through strong communication and collaboration.
The Project Engineer owns and manages the technical scope of the project. They are responsible for driving the technical execution and ensuring the final hardware meets expectations. They work closely with the Project Manager on defining the tasks required to complete a project. They communicate expectations throughout the project team and coordinate efforts with the different groups at Roccor.
Summary of role:
- Lead interdisciplinary projects teams to develop and build satellite hardware
- Ensure the delivered hardware meets internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Interface with customers and manage technical scope
- Assist program management with team organization and project technical execution
- Direct risk management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and threats
- Share technical status (positives and risks) with appropriate levels of management throughout the company
- BS in Engineering, physics, mathematics, or other space-related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years as a Project Engineer for hardware development or related experience in relevant engineering field.
- Master’s Degree may substitute for two years less of applicable experience.
- Lead at least 3 projects from concept to delivery, following an engineering development lifecycle with standard technical reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.).
- Strong experience working/communicating with customers to manage expectations and project scope.
- Demonstrated experience with risk management activities.
- Background developing technical work plans for new/continuous product development, including estimation of required resources.
- Experience as the technical point of contact with key subcontractors, ensuring the work product meets technical specifications.
- Strong experience leading technical project teams of more than 4 people (listening, communicating, collaborating, and guiding).
- US Citizen or Green Card holder authorized to work in the US (visa sponsorship not accepted).
- Strongly desire background working with satellite hardware or developing products for use in relevant environments.
- Strongly desire experience with solar arrays, antenna’s, or mechanisms (designing, building, or testing).
- Background in composites design, analysis, or manufacturing.
- Strong background managing technical baselines and product configurations.
- Experience reviewing part drawings, assemblies, fabrication/test procedures, and quality assurance documentation.
- Experience writing requirement and establishing appropriate verification criteria.
- Experience using SolidWorks or other software tools to design hardware.
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods for fast proof-of-concept development.
- Experience with analytical techniques for structures and mechanisms.
- In-depth understanding of GD&T and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Experiencing offloading and testing large structures.