Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Made In Space, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space through specializing in-space manufacturing technologies, developing space-optimized products to improve industrial machines on Earth, and developing advanced manufacturing technology that can support space exploration.
We have a current opportunity for a Robotics Engineer with B.A./B.S. in related field to be located at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. The Robotics Engineer will design and build robotic systems. The Robotics Engineer will be involved in the full design process for various robotic systems including design, modeling, construction, and testing. Robotics engineers are responsible for the high-level design of robotics controllers such as simulators, and motion planning. Involvement in the creation of systems that will enable the industrialization of space.
- B.A. or B.S. Engineering degree in related field
- Grasp of robotics: Kinematics, Motion Planning, Computer vision, Controls, Mechatronics
- Strong programming skills C, C++, Python, Matlab
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HW/SW integration
- Travel Required- An average of 10-15% travel may be required. Most of the travel is local but some overnight travel may be required
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in related field or Industry Experience
- Experience with space rated systems
- Experience with robotics middleware such as ROS
- Computer vision
- Classical and Modern NN techniques
- Various modalities camera, LIDAR, Radar, sensor fusion
- Pose estimation
- Planning – Motion
- Search – A*, RRT, PRM, Greedy
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
As mandated by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Redwire prior to employment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.