Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Made In Space, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space through specializing in-space manufacturing technologies, developing space-optimized products to improve industrial machines on Earth, and developing advanced manufacturing technology that can support space exploration.
We have a current opportunity for a Sr Electrical Engineer located at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. In this role you will be responsible for the design and testing of spaceflight electrical and electronic hardware.
- Interpret electrical design requirements and design electrical/electronic systems, subsystems and components while coordinating key interfaces with a multi-disciplinary team
- Design, analyze, simulate, document, debug, integrate and test spacecraft electrical/electronic systems, subsystems and components
- Design for the space environment including considerations for manufacturability, accessibility, EMI/EMC, thermal, power, radiation and reliability
- Properly select commercial components for use in the space environment considering effects such as radiation, thermal, and life expectation on orbit
- Apply fault mitigation techniques to circuit, subsystem and system designs to ensure operation in the space environment Interface with Electrical, Software, Avionics, Subsystems and Payload engineers to ensure design implementation meets project requirements
- Apply standard principles and practices to create original layouts, detailed drawings, schematics, isometrics and illustrations, and printed circuit board layouts
- Act as avionics lead and provide technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, assembly, test and deployment.
- Provide design direction and support to all team members
- Collaborate and coordinate with project managers, technical discipline leads, and business development to mature novel design solutions for next generation applications.
- Author and present designs at technical reviews for internal and external stakeholders
- Perform component trades and sourcing
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related
- 5+ years experience designing electrical/electronic hardware for space systems OR 7+ years experience designing electrical/electronic hardware for complex automotive or aviation systems
- Strong understanding and experience with designing electrical/electronic components for the space environment
- Must be knowledgeable in design of electrical interfaces applicable to spacecraft subsystems and payloads (for example: UART, I2C, SPI, LVDS, CAN, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Ethernet)
- Experience with schematic capture and printed circuit board design and layout
- M.S. or in Electrical engineering is a plus
- Experience with design for the space environment
- Understand the application of commercial components for the space environment including but no limited to radiation, thermal, and life expectation on orbit
- Understanding of Mil spec electronics standards and parts selection and derating
- Advanced understanding of at least two of the following disciplines-
- Power conditioning and handling (batteries charge control using power from solar arrays)
- Command and Data Handling electronics (Processors, FPGAs, interfaces, protocols)
- RF Communications (radios, antennas, RF hardware)
- Guidance, Navigation and Control (actuator and sensor components, control electronics)
- Ability to develop and interpret system/subsystem requirements, perform design trade off studies, define electronic hardware architecture, determine and implement detailed design requirements
- Development of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) logic with microprocessor interfaces and low-level firmware
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
As mandated by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Redwire prior to employment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.