Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Made In Space, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space through specializing in-space manufacturing technologies, developing space-optimized products to improve industrial machines on Earth, and developing advanced manufacturing technology that can support space exploration.
We have a current opportunity for a Sr Systems Engineer located at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. In this role you will be responsible for the overall architecture, design and execution of spacecraft hardware and software.
- Support the development of high-quality solutions for small satellite missions
- Work closely with project leadership throughout project lifecycle to develop initial baseline architecture and design, develop technical working schedules and critical budgets, ensure compliance to plan, assist with developing and executing contingency plans, execution, operation and closeout
- Develop and maintain systems engineering deliverables including requirements development, management, validation and verification, concept of operations (CONOPS) documents, and interface control documents
- Interface with key multidisciplinary team leads to ensure proper execution of design and requirements compliance
- Plan, support and document execution of requirements verification and validation
- Create, maintain, and use engineering budgets (including mass, power, data, etc.), system-level analysis, documentation, and figures-of-merit to assess designs throughout the project lifecycle
- Perform system level trade studies
- Create and manage command and telemetry databases
- Author and present systems engineering portions of milestone technical reviews for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate and coordinate with project managers, technical discipline leads, business development and customers to mature novel design solutions for next generation applications
- Assist with implementing configuration management processes in compliance with existing standards
- Develop system level fault management architecture and techniques
- Support spacecraft operations during simulated and real missions, in collaboration with other team members
- B.S. in relevant Engineering Discipline: Aerospace, Systems, Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Minimum of 10 years experience with space systems development
- Background in space systems engineering with experience in space vehicle design, space system architecture development, integration and test, verification and validation, and space missions and operations development
- Experience in end-to-end space systems development from initial concept development through on-orbit operations
- Technical leadership experience
- Ability to design and manage complex multi-faceted systems
- Experience with spacecraft command, control and operations, and ground systems and networks
- Knowledgeable about all phases of spacecraft design, manufacturing, test, and operations
- Advanced understanding of the following spacecraft subsystems
- Electrical Power
- Command and Data Handling
- RF Communication
- Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC)
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
As mandated by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Redwire prior to employment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.