Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
INSPIRED TO CONTRIBUTE TO BUILDING HUMANITY’S FUTURE IN SPACE; ENABLING PEOPLE TO GO TO THE MOON, MARS, AND BEYOND; BUILDING KEY INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDED TO SUSTAIN FUTURE GENERATIONS OF SPACE-BASED MISSIONS
Redwire Space, a Redwire company, is looking for a Strategy & Operations Analyst with a Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related fields with at least 1.5 years of experience in the space industry or other applicable industries, conducting systematic analysis to inform management growth objectives and to optimize business operations across the company.
The Strategy & Operations Analyst is responsible for the development and implementation of efficient operations systems to meet the current and future needs of the organization. The Strategy & Operations Analyst works to identify and understand problems in business operations and how business processes can be improved. By gathering operational performance data and conducting complimentary open-source market research, the Strategy & Operations Analyst will ultimately assist Redwire’s executive leadership team in improving corporate strategies, resource allocation, production schedule development, supply chain management, and other performance metrics.
- Help leadership make decisions on how to best operate/maintain the business efficiently (across all functional areas), while stimulating long-term, sustainable growth options with strategic insights and recommendations that are backed by thorough research and analysis.
- Serve as an active participant on internal teams – bringing rigorous, analytical perspective to executive leadership focus areas (e.g., corporate development, operations, and strategy).
- Conduct secondary research (i.e., open-source) using both qualitative and quantitative methods, leveraging internal and external sources, including databases, information services, and high-fidelity internet resources under the guidance of management and leadership teams.
- Prepare memos, presentations, models (e.g., market sizes, financial forecasts), and other materials to communicate results of research and analysis; contribute to the development of corporate strategies and internal Operations performance reporting (e.g., KPI’s and metrics).
- Engage in a wide variety of projects (growth strategy, market assessment, competitive intelligence, as well as contracts, USG budgets, and other financial/operations analyses).
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Actively monitor company operations and make recommendations regarding business processes and operational structure.
- Prepare quantitative models of operations that relate constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters.
- Gather and identify data with variables in models by applying personal judgment and quantitative tests.
- Review operations and testing of models to ensure adequacy or determines needs for reformulation.
- Prepare written, non-technical reports to management, indicating solutions or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success when there is no single solution.
- Create and support policies and procedures that promote the company culture and vision.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s plan and vision.
- Establish, communicate, and implement operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and space market trends.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 1.5+ years of experience in B2B/B2G
- Minimally, a Bachelor’s degree
- Capable of conducting high-fidelity market research and analysis from several resources
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Proven track record of outstanding performance in an analytical role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related Software
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related fields; experience in or related to the space industry preferred
- Prior experience in business operations, strategy, or other adjacent fields (e.g., applicable engineering disciplines, management consulting) is ideal
- Ability to understand large volumes of data and convey key insights or takeaways
- Experience in multiple US government-driven industries
- Knowledge of the broader space market (i.e., value-chain, spacecraft subsystems, etc.)
- Experience with manufacturing technologies (additive, subtractive, stereolithography, etc.)
- Experience with robotic technologies (machine learning, machine vision, construction)
- Experience working with NASA, commercial space corporations and/or space-focused government agencies
- Experience with orbital satellites and other value-chain segments (e.g., launch, ground stations)
- Experience with long sales cycles and a general understanding of spacecraft procurement
- Agile, adaptive, flexible, self-directed, with the ability to work autonomously and on a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong data collection and presentation preparation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Out of area and overnight travel may be required
- Providing a cover letter is optional, but preferred
Redwire is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
As mandated by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Redwire prior to employment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.