Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
Bring your passion for space!
Redwire is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space by delivering reliable, economical and sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
Made In Space, a Redwire business unit, is accelerating humanity’s expansion into space through specializing in-space manufacturing technologies, developing space-optimized products to improve industrial machines on Earth, and developing advanced manufacturing technology that can support space exploration.
Made In Space has an opportunity for a dynamic Manager of Systems Engineering at our facility in Jacksonville, FL. The engineering manager will lead a group of about 20 engineers and report to the Vice President of Engineering. Responsibilities include driving technical performance within the programs, implementing engineering processes, and developing engineering talent. The manager will also be directly working on programs through direct charge; baseline allocation is approximately 20% working on Engineering Management tasks and 80% direct charge to programs.
- Drive technical performance in providing oversight of operational teams to meet project goals throughout the product development lifecycle which includes leveraging SME’s and best practice across programs, collaborating with program leadership for staffing as well as critical role bench depth, communizing tools, driving strategic technology direction, suggesting IRAD projects, and supporting proposal offerings.
- Make staffing assignments and forecasting staffing needs with collaboration with Project Managers for designing, fabricating, modifying, and testing of space products.
- Implement engineering processes which includes product development process for space systems (specifications, design, drawings, manufacturing, I&T, V&V, operations), design criteria, testing methods, quality standards, forward-looking metrics, and alignment with Community of Practice for quality products that are efficiently developed, utilizes best practices and lessons learned, and follow processes that are predictable and repeatable. Also includes continuous improvement for safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Develop engineering talent which includes developing training curriculum, recruiting and hiring talent, career development/succession planning, coordinating mentoring pairing, employee engagement, performance management (reviews and merit process).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or other related discipline with 7+ years of aerospace/space industry experience in the relevant area or Masters’ with 5+ years.
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience within an engineering team.
- Experience with phases of the space systems development process including requirements definition/allocation/flowdown/management, system ICD, system architecture, system design, I&T, V&V, and mission operations.
- Understanding of subsystems and their operation and interfaces.
- Experience preparing technical documentation and giving presentations to management and external customers.
- Extensive experience with multiple areas below:
- Technical reviewer in data products, peer reviews, gate reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, TRR, CTSR, etc.), review boards, trade studies, and risk assessment (with risk mitigation plans and strategies).
- Technical advisor in Root Cause Corrective Action and implementation of Lessons Learned and Best Practices.
- Reviewing space products proposals for feasibility, producibility, cost, and production time.
- Evaluating new technologies for application and strategize on new technology areas for research and advancements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience developing and mentoring engineering talent.
- Must be self-starter with strong leadership and interpersonal qualities.
- Sound time management skills, attention to detail, and priority management to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in effective messaging to all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- This position requires all work to be performed on site (no telecommuting).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (or related field).
- Functional Management experience.
- Experience with MBE and Agile Development.
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods for fast proof-of-concept development.
- Comprehensive understanding of space design best practices and lessons learned.
- National health, dental and vision plans.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Life Insurance.
- Long term disability plan.
- 401(K) retirement plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Incentive and recognition programs.
- National discount programs.
- Relocation opportunities.
Grow with us as we innovate the next generation capabilities for a new era of space exploration! We offer a highly competitive benefits package along with a commitment to our core values of Integrity, Innovation, Impact, Inclusion, and Excellence.
Redwire Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Redwire Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
All offers of employment at Redwire Space are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check and your ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US. Note that some positions will also require US citizenship or ability to obtain a security clearance due to requirements of a classified program.
As mandated by Executive Order 14042, all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date unless a medical or religious accommodation is formally approved by Redwire prior to employment.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.