Working toward enabling humans to live and work in space.
LoadPath, Inc, a Redwire Space company, produces innovative mission-enabling deployable systems for earth-orbiting and interplanetary application. We are looking for a Senior Aerospace Structural Test Engineer to join our dynamic, multi-disciplinary team which is focused on developing satellite and launch vehicle mechanical and structural technologies.
The ideal candidate is interested in an autonomous research and development work environment where they direct projects to advance the state-of-the-art of deployable space-based structural systems for applications such as solar arrays and antennas.
This position will work as part of an integrated team consisting of government civilian, military, and contractor personnel on Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico; as such the candidate must be a U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Design, execution, and post-processing data from environmental tests such as modal, random vibration, and static loading structural testing
- ASTM standard material/coupon testing
- Test schedules generation to meet program needs on time
- Generate and/or review test plans, test procedures, test reports, and test readiness review documentation
- Utilizing standard calculation techniques to interpret and validate FE predictions and testing results
- Perform a variety of tasks throughout the multiple engineering disciplines at LoadPath
- Communicating and collaboration with product team, managers, and team leads
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- A Minimum of five (5) years of experience
- Spacecraft/spacecraft component and launch vehicle structural test and validation experience
- Experience with industry standard structural testing instrumentation, data acquisition, and control systems
- Effectively communicate through written mechanical drawings and test plans, procedures, and reports with strong verbal communication skills
- Proficient with CAD (Solidworks preferred)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Static and dynamic finite element analysis (FEA) experience
- Experience with composite structures, small satellite, CubeSat, solar arrays, and antennas
- Experience with off-loading and testing large structures
- Familiarity with standard test practices and requirements for spacecraft and launch vehicles structures
- Experience applying Quality Assurance/test methodologies and tools including traceability of requirements to test cases
- Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems