We are an aerospace firm dedicated to providing industry-wide access to sophisticated, in-space, robotic arm solutions. Our vision for space is one where humans living and working there is commonplace. The technologies we're developing today are critical to humanity one day achieving its spacefaring dreams.
We are looking for people passionate about robotics to help us build a new generation of affordable, mass-market robots for broad space applications. We believe that the work we do today is foundational to achieving a future where the industrialization of space gives way to humanity living throughout our solar system.
The Program Manager will lead and manage robotics projects for commercial and government customers from around the world. These projects will see the delivery of flight-ready robotic subsystems for space missions. The scope of these missions includes in-orbit manufacturing, satellite servicing, and lunar surface operations. The Program Manager will oversee the development of next-generation robotic subsystems and will engage in activities with customers to define future exploration architectures.
The Program Manager is a key role in our mission to facilitate space industrialisation. As a Program Manager, you will work daily with engineering experts in robotics, mechatronics, software, electronics, mechanisms and spacecraft testing to realize the goals of your programs on time and within budget.
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg (on-site required)
- Lead and manage projects from system study level, through development, qualification and delivery flight ready robotic subsystems to clients
- Lead interactions with customers, care of good communication, relationships and meeting customers expectations
- Define, manage and track internal and customer’s milestones
- Lead and successfully close internal and external project reviews, including review item discrepancies
- Drive the planning, budget, project definition, schedule, resources, technical decisions and trade-offs.
- Define, track, execute and provide all deliverables required within scope of the project, containing engineering work products, and hardware models such as Breadboard Models, Engineering Models, Qualification Models and final products
- Work with multidisciplinary teams and leaders – systems engineering, robotics, mechatronics, electronics, software, testing and quality assurance to enable successful execution of state-of-the-art projects from beginning to end.
- S./ M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics engineering or equivalent area of focus.
- Minimum 5 years of Program Management Experience.
- Leadership experience managing multidisciplinary project team members
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as MS Project, Rally, Asana, etc.
- Knowledge of Kanban and pipeline-like processes.
- Ability to manage and motivate engineers.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Great soft and communication skills
- Great planning and organizational skills
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience in development or managing across the product life cycle from conceptual design through flight operations
- System Engineering experience in the space industry
- Experience managing space project for commercial and governmental customers (ESA, NASA)
- Technical insight in multiple engineering fields and disciplines
- Project planning and execution
- ECSS/European prime documentation experience
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.