We are an aerospace firm dedicated to providing industry-wide access to sophisticated, in-space, robotic arm solutions. Our vision for space is one where humans living and working there is commonplace. The technologies we're developing today are critical to humanity one day achieving its spacefaring dreams.
Made In Space Europe believes that industrialising space is the next critical step in humanity’s push to go deeper and farther into the cosmos than ever before. Made In Space Europe is developing robotic technologies to enable commercial activity in Earth orbit, on other planets, and beyond.
SENIOR SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
Made In Space Europe is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer to join the Engineering team. The person in this role is responsible for developing software testing environments and tests to verify software solutions for space robotic arms. A background in software engineering with industrial experience is required for this role. For this role, we are looking for experience in software testing, reviewing C/C++ code, and continuous integration of safety-critical applications on embedded systems.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will verify and implement safety-critical software on spaceflight hardware and ground stations to ensure safe operations on orbit.
- Own software testing and development for different space missions
- Implement software tests to validate given requirements
- Test and qualify software
- Interact with interdisciplinary teams to develop cutting edge software solutions
- Master’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years industrial experience in aerospace/defence
- Demonstrated software testing experience using C, C++
- Experience with real-time/safety-critical systems
- Experience in code review / clean coder
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. gitlab)
- Experience with embedded linux
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with flight software qualification
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ROS2
- Experience with distributed testing in multi server environments
Interested, but not sure you meet every single requirement? Research shows that men will apply to jobs when they meet only 60% of the requirements, but women and other minority groups may only apply if they’re sure they meet 100%. If you were turning away because you don’t meet 100%, well, we’d still like to hear from you – tell us how you’re the best fit for the requirements you’re sure you meet.
To accept this position and relocate to Luxembourg, candidates must have a police check/criminal record not more than six months old.