Maersk is unique Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains. Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Maersk is a $30bn organization with 100,000 people that move 20% of the world’s trade, and it is the largest shipping and logistics company in the world. We are transforming our company into a global integrator of container logistics.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to be part of that journey and to contribute by creating solutions for an industry leading organization. As a part of this process, you will have an opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global corporation.
This is an opportunity to join Maersk Group’s Technology team and help drive visible, recognizable change as a Data Engineer for this globally respected, industry leading brand.
Do you have passion for software development, platform building and big data programming? Do you aspire to build digital solutions on cloud? Are you a strong communicator and problem solver and looking for an opportunity to transform business requirements into digital products?
This position offers the unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of software and platform development related methods and tools to create results and insights that will accelerate the transformation of our business model, and to work with business specialists across Maersk Group.
Maersk Technology team is committed to extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology, and is specialized in machine learning and AI based digital solutions development. The team is at the forefront of developing industry leading digital solutions & applications for the organization.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics.
At A.P. Moller – Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
As a Data Engineer with the Maersk Digital team, you will help build applications and develop cloud platform working on both front end and back end technologies using various programming languages and development tools for the end users to use for their business needs
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the stakeholders, product management, teams to understand platform needs
- Must be well versed with different approaches of developing applications, cloud platform and technical architectures and should be able to design scalable solutions
- Designing, implementing, deploying, and maintenance of digital platform services/products on cloud platform
- Troubleshoot issues with applications on-premise or on-cloud
- Encouraging and advising on good practice in building reliable, scalable applications
- Strong focus on iterative, short step delivery.
- Possess good understanding of Cloud principles and should be able to apply them while building solutions
- Partner with Enterprise Architects, Product Owners, other IT teams, DevOps teams, businesses and internal/external stakeholders as necessary
We are looking for
- A total of 1-6 years of industry experience
- Knowledge on Bigdata technologies like Azure, AWS, Hive, Spark, HDFS, Pyhon etc
- Familiarity with DBMS-related development: proficiency with SQL/ NO SQL
- Knowledge/ Experience in building APIs (REST, other), performance tuning.
- Familiarity with building customer-facing UIs (not a frontend developer role).
- Knowledge on Tools like Eclipse/IntelliJ, STC, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Jenkins, GIT/ Bitbucket (Source Version Control).
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum practices
- Willing to learn new technologies and tools
- Excellent communication skills