Maersk Line IT supplies global solutions and connectivity to more than 35,000 A.P. Moller – Maersk employees in 118 countries. Some of the keywords in our work environment are: Innovation, Creativity, Challenges and Personal growth. You will build a strong international network through extensive liaising with stakeholders worldwide and access a wide range of further career opportunities within Maersk Line IT and the rest of the A.P. Moller – Maersk Organisation.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief. Diversity is our great strength and our continued goal, evidenced in our current work to significantly boost the number of women in senior management positions.
- Provide design validation on key technologies
- Building software in accordance to the standards and guidelines
- Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure, ..) of applications delivering business value
- Providing expertise regarding technologies.
- Ensuring builds are kept green and the code management strategy (branching) is closely followed.
- Raising capability and standards within team; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback etc.)
- Proactive contribution to continual improvements within your team through both active participation in retrospective and from engagement with cross team best-practice communities
- Advisory to Product Owners to identify and manage risks, debt, issues and opportunities for the technical improvement
- Supporting the recruitment of (developers) across the department
- Technical support during cut-over activities
- Providing continuous improvement suggestions in internal code frameworks, best practices and guidelines
We are looking for
- Minimum 10 years of experience of relevant development experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of digital and cloud technologies
- Real passion of coding and technology
- Experience of working on projects in large global organisations
- Experience of working with virtual teams and scrum teams
- Java 8.0, J2EE stack
- Experience with API Gateways and integrations (Apigee, Akana)
- Spring Framework (Core, Boot, Reactive Stack and Servlet Stack)
- Authentication standards and protocols (OAuth2, OpenID Connect)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline with Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- Microservices Design & Development
- API definition using Swagger
- User Management in terms of authorisation (Role based access control implementations)
- Database knowledge for integration – Oracle 12c, JDBC, Cassandra, MS SQL
- Containerised Deployment – Docker, Kubernetes
- Secure by design
- Scripting Language – JS, Angular, Bootstrap
- Messaging/Streaming – MQ, Kafka
- Search and Indexing – Apache SOLR
- HTTP, REST, JSON, XML
- XSD design and implementation
- JUnits, Cucumber test scripts
- Reporting – Microsoft SSRS – configuration/integration
- Experience in working in a cloud environment (IBM/Azure)
- Agile software development experience, preferable with experience of XP or other high collaboration approaches
- Using BDD and TDD approaches and tooling
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to translate between technical language and business language, and communicate to different target groups
- Ability to understand complex design
- Possessing the ability to balance and find compromises between opposing forces and opinions, within the development team
- Fact based and result oriented
- Ability to work independently with only little guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication is a must.