Maersk is a $30bn organization with 100,000 people that move 20% of the world’s trade, and it is the largest shipping and logistics company in the world. We are transforming our company into a global integrator of container logistics.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to be part of that journey and to contribute by creating solutions for an industry leading organization. As a part of this process, you will have an opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global corporation.
Maersk is going through times of unprecedented change. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, we are developing solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other. Digitization and IT are taking center stage in enabling our customers to trade globally. Join us as we re-think what technology can do.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
At A.P. Moller – Maersk we focus on the individual’s development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
As an organization with global presence, joining Maersk is a wonderful and exciting opportunity for you to work with people of diverse talents & background. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities and teams spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for expanding a professional and social network.
As a company, we are committed to growing our people. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your professional & technical skills.
Maersk Digital team is committed to extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology, and is specialized in statistical modeling, machine learning and digital solutions development. The team is at the forefront of developing industry leading digital solutions & applications for the organization.
- Solution architecting, Design ,implement and maintain data engineering & java application phases
- To take part in software and architectural development activities
- Conduct software analysis, programming, testing and debugging
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Transforming requirements into stipulations
- Develop, test, implement and maintain application software
We are looking for
- Analytical skills – strong analytical skills are vital
- Problem-solving skills – find the right resolution for the problem
- Creativity – process a creative mindset to think outside the box and find alternative ways to develop computer systems
- Attention to detail must be focused and detail oriented to spot any inaccuracies or errors within the code
- Interpersonal skills – working closely with other team members as well as stakeholders to ascertain what they need from an application or system.
Must have Technical skills:
- Strong experience in Solution architecture & designing of data engineering, Web-Application and API developments
- Good knowledge in Spring APIs and supporting frameworks
- JAVA and JAVAEE application development
- Unit testing and integration testing automation, as part of development itself with exposure to framework like POSTMAN, API/SOAP UI etc.
- Strong experience on Relation databases, Added advantage if experience in NoSql database
- Well versed with CI-CD and DevOps pipeline and Agile principles of development
- Working knowledge with SVN, Git, GitHub
- Strong Design and Architecture skills in Enterprise Applications
- Should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or MCA
- Minimum 4+ years of development experience in building enterprise grade applications/product
- Should be a self-starter and independent
- Good communication skills including verbal and written skills (specifications, design, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
- Be able to articulate implementation at all levels
- Must be able to evaluate alternative solutions
- Applicants with wide variety of technical experience are good candidates for this position