Going all the way, together, for our customers and society
The Procurement team in Maersk West Central Asia (WCA) is looking for a Landside Procurement Analyst responsible for variable spend in Jordan.
We are looking for a Procurement analyst being responsible for Inland transportation (Trucking – FCL, FTL, LTL, Rail) procurement and contract management activities covering Jordan, positioned in Amman, Jordan and reporting to the Head of Logistics and Services (L&S) Procurement for WCA based in Dubai, UAE.
Experience in supply chain management, logistics or shipping operations and procurement is a necessity when applying and combined with awareness of cost drivers will be highly valued in the selection process. It is necessary to possess experience in project management and it is expected that the candidate in previous roles have acted as project leader for cross-functional projects.
The individual we are looking for must have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills through which he or she will engage a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders locally, regionally, and globally across a wide range of departments. The person as an integral part of the team will be responsible for driving key procurement projects forward and has the ability to deliver on our ambitious goals.
The role will be based in the front line of our business to ensure the procurement analyst is close to the market and our local strategic objectives, while being a part of the wider Regional Procurement setup where there will be an opportunity to be part of a large global community of Procurement professionals. New, exciting possibilities for personal and professional development, you can be assured of a positive and diverse work environment where new ideas are always welcome! Furthermore, there is a great opportunity for a continued global career path within Procurement in Maersk.
Within our own and the larger team, you will enjoy support from colleagues and management who possess extensive experience in sourcing, cost management and the logistics business. In terms of personal development, this position polishes your ability to deliver results through a wide network of internal and external stakeholders, which in this case are several and complex. Networking and interaction with Copenhagen as well as local/regional/global vendors.
- Managing complex procurement projects within operations in Jordan to ensure alignment between costs, commercial needs and operational execution.
- Being accountable for integrating Contract Management frameworks to help ensure cost leadership, compliance and best in class supplier performance.
- Accountability for problem solving, analytical work, and driving insights from this to procurement and business functions
- Leading negotiations and coordinating Service Level Agreements between Maersk and its suppliers.
- Performing supplier market analysis and organising market intelligence.
- Cooperating closely with colleagues within the Area, Region and Global functions
- Some travel within the WCA region is to be expected
We are looking for
Ensure that every dollar spent is spent professionally. This is achieved by reducing operating expenses and driving a saving and value creation based mindset by applying procurement capabilities and tools. The function aims to attain a competitive asset base for the future that is fully operational, at cost, on time. The scene comes with significant pressure to cut costs and increase the returned value from our suppliers. How we overcome this challenge and catapult above our competitors is the ultimate question within our business. This is your opportunity to join and make a difference to Maersk’s development!
Who we are looking for
- At least 2-5 years of experience in Logistics, specifically Inland Transportation and Supply chain management
- At least 2 years of experience within Procurement
- A Degree in a Business/Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Experience in Customs House Brokerage, Warehousing, Distribution, Cold Chain, E-Commerce logistics would be an advantage
- Languages: English mandatory
Perfect candidate has:
- Strong market knowledge
- Strong industry network
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to reduce cost and optimize vendors’ performance – working within a total value mindset
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders efficiently
- A high amount of drive and energy
The perfect candidate is a solution-oriented person as well as resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
A long-term successful career can be achieved when what you’re passionate about, what you’re good at and what’s needed by our business all come together. Be part of an exciting team. It’s time to leave your mark on our world. How? By using the apply button to register your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you.