Going all the way, together, for our customers and society
Maersk Sri Lanka is looking for an experienced Air Freight Professional, with good overall knowledge of Sri Lanka Air Export Market and Operations, based out of Colombo. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing Airfreight Product Development for Sri Lanka and neighboring Area. The person will support the Product Manager in leading discussions with Customers, Airlines & Vendors.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
An excellent opportunity for the right candidate. You will be exposed to exciting challenges and development opportunities within Maersk.
You will play a key role in evolving the Sri Lanka Airfreight product and get hands on experience in conceptualizing, implementing end-to-end supply chain solutions for customers with exposure to best practices & technology enablers. Furthermore, you will work in one of the “Asia’s Best Place to Work” in a multi-cultural environment driven by Values, Customer and People Orientation. You will engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders which will greatly enhance your people network, business understanding and product solutions
- Develop Airfreight Product and Support Operations for Sri Lanka Station
- Engage with customers & internal stakeholders (Commercial, Network etc.) to keep abreast of current market trends; review & revise the product practices as necessary to successfully meet customer needs.
- Engage and Manage Relationships with Airlines , Terminal Handling Authorities and Other Airfreight Related Vendors Like CHA, Transporters, Pharma Packaging Solution Providers etc.
- Resolve escalations and root cause problems.
- Liaise, negotiate and finalize Rate contracts with suppliers, vendors and customers with strong performance management, while complying with Maersk’s procurement and compliance guidelines
We are looking for
- Extensive Airfreight Client Reach (preferably exports)
- Airfreight Export Pricing and Solution designing experience of more than 5 years preferably with top Freight Forwarder in Sri Lanka.
- Exposure to key industry verticals of Retail, Perishables ( Fruits & Vegetables, Meat , Seafood).
- Strong Techno-Commercial Accumen with analytical and negotiation skills
- Passion for customers and customer intimacy
- Result orientation and execution drive
- Collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Graduate / Post-Graduate from A Reputed University.
- Fluent in English, excellent communication skills