Altran ranks as the undisputed global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D). The company offers clients an unmatched value proposition to address their transformation and innovation needs. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialisation, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. For over 35 years, the company has provided expertise in Automotive, Aeronautics, Space, Defence & Naval, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Industrial & Consumer, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Software & Internet and Finance & Public Sector. The Aricent acquisition extends this leadership to semiconductor, digital experience and design innovation. Altran generated revenues of €2.9 billion in 2018, with some 47,000 employees in more than 30 countries.
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialisation. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway, and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2016, the Altran group generated revenues of €2.120bn. With a headcount of more than 30,000 employees, Altran is present in more than 20 countries.
As a Manufacturing Engineer with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all you will have a desire to progress and deliver success for our customers. You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and are comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses.
- Consolidate value stream and improve operational flow
- Future proofing for capacity & capability
- Autonomous machining & inspection capability
- Optimise footprint to reduce engine assembly lead time but consideration of logistics and kitting, instrumentation, fast/make, coordinate measurement machining, balance operations, component wash and NDT capability would be advantageous
- Consideration of ancillary large test and equipment preparation
- Engine receiving & despatch, Manufacturing Services, office & welfare facilities
- Raise and close PIR and report weekly
- Analysis on non-conformance data
- Self-motivated, a proven track record of problem solving and developing solutions whilst delivering on time and to budget across the Manufacturing Engineering landscape
- Experience within the Aerospace/Aviation industry
- Relevant and demonstrable experience of manufacturing operations
- Experience of factory design, layout, machine operation, facility process flow, continuous improvement
- Familiar with LEAN, 6 sigma, Kaizen and preferably green belt/black belt
- Able to assimilate current manufacturing process, aware of new and emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills, ability to seamlessly operate between the shop floor, engineering, management, programme etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and reporting skills
- Output KPIs, generate presentations and technical reports
- Willing to travel