We are continuously looking for talents with a passion for space.
NEEDED: an experienced, engaging, rock star engineer to help refine and enhance the production of propulsion systems for small spacecraft.
COULD THIS BE YOU? Are you a space nerd with a desire to put your hands on something that will be strapped to a rocket and launched into orbit? Can you think your way over, under, through, and around problems? Do inefficient processes leave you unable to sleep at night? Have you been impressed by recent improvements at your local DMV, but know in your heart that they can do so much more? Are you detail-oriented? A source of varied and unexpected trivia? Can you back your technical wizardry up with knowledge of historical events, Baroque sculpture – or board games? If this sounds like you or the people you want to work with, then please keep reading!
Spanning sites across the globe, Bradford is a high-end space systems group offering world-class products in propulsion, space station facilities, attitude control systems, and for deep space missions. We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join our San Jose team. In this role, you will be an instrumental part of a small and tightly knit group responsible for the start-to-finish production of a line of satellite propulsion systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve production of water-based small spacecraft propulsion systems
- Develop and hone manufacturing processes
- Participate in spacecraft and subsystem level qualification and acceptance testing
- Solve problems, debug bugs, untangle knots, correct inaccuracies, iron out wrinkles, unravel plots, straighten out kinks, as may arise from time to time
- Interact directly with suppliers, participate in procurement of project supplies and components
- Be an awesome member of the team
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of inventory system
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelors in an applicable Engineering discipline
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior work with CAD; Siemens NX preferred
- Experience with software programming; Python or Matlab preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing manufacturing processes and improving production line efficiency
- Deep and abiding love of furry animals
- Benefit package including medical, dental, and vision (100% premium paid)
- Working with great people in an amazing team