Manufacturing Test Engineer II
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms.
Please Note: To conform with the United States Government Space Technology Export Regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., conditional resident, asylee or refugee (protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
At CesiumAstro, we are developers and pioneers of out-of-the-box communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment, which allows us to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you.
In this position, you are responsible for the analysis, and implementation, execution of engineering test plans and procedures. The ideal candidate possesses a strong combination of hardware and software knowledge with proficiencies in test equipment, test architectures, and automation. The successful candidate will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams to address company-wide hardware test needs.
Engineers on this team must have working knowledge of overall schematics, operations, manufacturing, testing. Core day-to-day responsibilities include collaborating with engineering teams to lead and develop test requirements, mapping requirements to reusable test architectures and procedures, implementing test plans and procedures, and logging and presenting results to key stakeholders. Additional responsibilities include lab and equipment management and guiding key equipment purchase decisions. Evaluate non-conformances to determine root cause and create actionable items and system improvements
Successful candidates will require, as a minimum:
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) with 2+ years of experience, a Master of Science (MS) degree with 1 year of experience, or a higher degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of test systems.
- Applied experience in test optimization for manufacturing environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, and comfort with ambiguity.
- Experience writing test plans, procedures and providing go/no-go judgment and rationale.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Test architecture design and development including scripting, test executives, hardware, and measurement abstraction layers.
- Programming or scripting experience (Python, MATLAB, C/C++, etc.).
- Proficiency with statistics and metrology.
CesiumAstro considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills. We also provide generous benefits and stock option packages to all our employees.
CesiumAstro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.