WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Mechanical MTS/Engineer on our Robotics and Space Operation team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As our Mechanical Engineer/MTS you will need:
- Minimum 5 yrs experience with mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance analysis, component selection and performance analysis
- Familiarity with NX CAD & CAE tools
- Experience in the manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components – including design of GSE
- Identifies risks, proposes solutions and develops mitigation strategies.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test
- Liaises with customer to resolve issues and discuss new business.
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field and 3-5 years of post-graduate experience in the Aerospace industry.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience with customer interactions for presentations, technical discussions or training.
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Ability of working under tight schedule and pressure
- Understanding spacecraft requirement is an asset