MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer on our Robotics and Space Operation team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As our Senior Mechanical Project Engineer you will be:
- Lead person on a program responsible for a multi-discipline team of engineers and technologists
- Responsible for planning (appropriately detailed schedule, work breakdown structure and work package descriptions), allocating and monitoring the engineering activities of all the team members, including design, testing and any associated documentation and compliance with MDA standards and processes. This applies to all phases of the project: design, development, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test.
- Provide technical and programmatic oversight on mechanism developments on the project.
- Responsible to the Program Manager for the cost and schedule control of these activities
- Responsible to the Program Manager for identifying and managing engineering risks on a regular basis throughout the project.
- Provide assistance to the Program Manager in any technical and programmatic discussions with the customer or with subcontractors
- Responsible for proposing improvements to the company processes used on the project
- Identify and seek additional potential business arising within or associated with the project.
- Mentor and coach engineers on the project.
- Participate as a peer reviewer on internal reviews of other projects
- Provide technical, written and detailed cost inputs to program proposals.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field and 8-12 years of post-graduate experience in the Aerospace industry.
- You will have an extensive background in project engineering.
- You can demonstrate your ability to work within the constraints of cost and schedule controls and you are able to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget.
- You have previously led a team of diverse skills.
- You have strong technical understanding and experience with mechanism development, including hands-on experience with mechanical design tools and processes.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate his or her drive for continuous self-improvement and will possess a sound knowledge of design for space applications.
- Preferred mechanical project management experience of 6 years
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Expected start date: 17 Jan 2022
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used
Work remotely: No