WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Geospatial Technician on our Polar Epsilon team at the Aldergrove, B.C. location.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As a Geospatial Technician, you will support DND’s Polar Epsilon NRTSD and Polar Epsilon 2 systems located at Aldergrove, BC.
- Monitoring operations of RADARSAT ground stations and processing facilities
- Ship detection duties utilizing RADARSAT image products.
- Issue reporting and basic trouble-shooting of system issues
- Creation and delivery of any additional products or reports
- Pre-Pass Preparation to verify all systems are functioning as required (such as antenna, real-time recording);
- Monitor weather at both Reception Sites
- Ensure data exploitation software workstations are initialized and ready to accept RADARSAT imagery.
- Monitor RADARSAT data Reception and Processing
- Run proprietary data exploitation software and validate detected targets to produce detection reports according to the required system timelines
- Post-Pass Activities including verification of reception and processing reports
- Monitor cataloguing of real-time data and oversee processing, delivery and cataloguing of non-real-time imagery
- Interact with Planning staff as required;
- Support troubleshooting of problems encountered with proprietary data exploitation software
- Provide assistance to the maintenance personnel for preventive and corrective maintenance at the
- West Reception and Central Processing Site in Aldergrove
- Any required duties or tasks that are associated with this role.
- The proposed Geospatial Tehnician must have a combination of experience and education in GIS/Geomatics
- Worked at least one year in remote sensing or Geographic Information System(GIS) fields or a combination thereof;
- Extensive work experience in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Worked on or with a network with two (2) or more servers.
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work shift work
- Proven ability to be a team player and yet work unsupervised on a project
- Candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain Secret security clearance
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
With a priority on maintaining the safety of our employees, customers and communities, MDA has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for employees and visitors. Please speak to a recruiter for more details.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the Secret status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace