WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Embedded Software Developer – Airborne Radar on our Geointelligence team at our Richmond office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs. As our Embedded Software Developer – Airborne Radar, you will be responsible for defining, analyzing, developing and verifying algorithm development and interfaces on FPGAs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with algorithm specialists and system engineers to develop, understand and own complex algorithms
- Defining system architectures and identifying subsystems/modules and their interfaces
- Designing, implementing, and optimizing the FPGA design
- Integrating and testing the FPGA design
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining technical documentation throughout all phases of a project
Experience and Qualifications:
- Sc degree or higher in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Industry experience working with FPGA based digital design and verification
- Proficient in VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with high-performance real-time computing systems and embedded systems
- Knowledge and experience in digital signal processing (DSP) algorithm development
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt
- Desire to work collaboratively with the team towards a challenging common goal
- Adaptable to a fast paced, dynamic environment with evolving timelines and goals
- Fast learner who enjoys learning and exploiting new technologies
- Experience with Xilinx development tools for FPGAs
- Experience with software and hardware modeling of synthetic aperture radar systems
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
- MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
- MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace