WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
The Position (multiple)
We are on the hunt for SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) Analysts, at our Richmond, BC office, to be a part of the next generation of Earth Observations space missions.
- From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
- You will join our remote sensing team that has 30+ years of experience delivering commercial and government projects such as RADARSAT-2, RapidEye, Sapphire, CASSIOPE, RADARSAT Constellation Mission and now the CHORUS Constellation of SAR satellites.
- As part of the remote sensing team, you will participate with our larger cross functional, multi-disciplined team in developing cutting-edge solutions to deliver end-to-end missions for our customers.
As a SAR Analyst, you may have a wide range of responsibilities that include:
- Development of operational beam modes and beam definitions
- Analysis of image quality performance
- SAR system implementation
- Development and testing of SAR processing and image exploitation algorithms
- Definition of on-orbit system calibration plan and techniques
- Support the development and maintenance of the system requirements for the SAR payload
- Participation in the mission design trade-off studies to design and develop the overall mission subsystems
- You will support senior analysts/engineers in the above tasks and have opportunities for mentorship and career growth.
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or a combination of related education and experience
- Experience in analysis of complex research tasks with algorithm development and implementation
- Ability and knowledge to work with MATLAB, Python, C++, and MS Excel
- Digital signal processing and Image processing experience
- Ability to learn new technologies and space borne remote sensing domain knowledge quickly
- A strong understanding of geographical data and the utilization of SAR remote sensing imagery
- Self-starter with the ability to perform in a dynamic working environment
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to work within a large organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Broad knowledge of SAR remote sensing, including system design, operation and applications/exploitation
- Ability to work with complex satellite imaging systems, including understanding of SAR system hardware and implementation on space-based platforms
- An understanding of different types of engineering life cycles as applicable from large complex programs to software development
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the RELIABILITY status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
- MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
- MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
- COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace