For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Embedded Software Engineer on our Geointelligence team at our Richmond, BC office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
- Software development in Python, C++.
- Development of test environments and tools.
- Write test plans for verification of software modules.
- Implement software module and unit test code.
- Perform peer review on implemented code.
- Execute test plans and record results.
- Implement signal processing algorithms in Matlab and C++.
- Support integration and test activities to integrate hardware/firmware/software.
- Contribute as a member of a SAFe agile development team.
- A university degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or engineering physics/science.
- C/C++ and Python.
- Digital signal processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software development for embedded processors.
- Software development on custom or specialized hardware.
- Software development for signal processing.
- Firmware for System on Chip (SoC) FPGA devices.
- Intel FPGA development tools.
- Signal processing instrumentation for radio astronomy.
- Agile/SAFe development methodology.
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, we can assist.
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented individuals, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used.