MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA’s R&D group is looking for a bright, capable Cyber Electromagnetic Activity (CEMA) Research Scientist for the Defence line of business. The successful candidate combines a solid technical background in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Radio Frequency (RF) systems with strong communication and teamwork skills to solve challenging problems in a flexible, research-driven environment.
The chosen candidate will contribute in the following ways:
- Modeling radar, communications, and optical systems
- Signal processing algorithm development
- Supporting application development
- Providing input into proposals
Experience & Expertise
Candidate must have experience and proficiency in:
- Wireless communications or radar systems engineering
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithm development
- MATLAB and Simulink based modeling and simulation
Candidate would ideally have the following:
- Education in engineering, or relevant field, preferably with MASc/MS or PhD
- Self-motivated, problem-solving mindset
- Fast learner who enjoys learning and exploiting new technologies
- Desire to work collaboratively with the CEMA team towards a challenging common goal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a large organization with multiple dependencies and stakeholder needs
- Adaptable to a fast paced, dynamic research environment with evolving timelines and goals
Any of the following would be an asset to candidates:
- Radio Frequency (RF) hardware engineering
- Array signal processing
- Wireless network protocols
- Precision, Navigation, and Timing (PNT)
- Machine/deep learning
- Real-time computing systems (including GPU and/or FPGA development)
- Successful candidate must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the NATO Secret level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
- MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.