WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Junior or Intermediate Software Engineer in our Geointelligence Department at our Richmond office.
As a Software Engineer, you will join the team designing and building the Ground Segment services for the soon to be launched Canadian Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellite that was announced here (https://mda.space/en/article/mda-announces-radarsat-2-continuity-mission/ ). Specifically, you will be working on the Data Chain Subsystem which provides services to reconstruct satellite data, to archive the imagery, and to process the imagery into products for applications that detect change, identify objects, classify events and examine trends to support marine surveillance, disaster management, mapping, agriculture, forestry, geology and more. You will be designing and implementing services to ingest and frame the raw imagery, to resample and correct the data and to generate and format the supported products.
- Work on assigned User Stories to design, implement and test services supporting the mission
- Plan, manage and monitor User Stories assigned to more junior developers
- Assigned duties may also include investigation, trade studies, prototyping, performance tuning, testing and documentation
- Experience with DSP
- Experience with SAR processing
- Experience with NITF 2.1 / GeoTiff image data formats
- Experience with software development processes, microservices, CI/CD, automated testing
- Experience using Linux, C++, Go, Python, AWS, JIRA, GitLab
- Team player with willingness to learn and desire to contribute