MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
UAV – AEROSPACE MAINTENANCE & LOGISTICS (M&L) MANAGER
The UAV Maintenance & Logistics Manager (M&L Mgr) position is intended as a junior management level assignment that supports the maintenance and logistics activity for a dynamic, deployed Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) operation in Eastern Europe.
The position is intended to be based in Canada but some travel may be required.
The M&L Mgr is responsible to the Senior Maintenance Manager (SMM) for:
a) The day-to-day management of maintenance for the S-100 Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) equipment operated by MDA including:
- Management of the deployed maintenance teams – is the initial Point of Contact (POC) for the deployed Maintenance Lead/Crew Chief.
- Maintaining an overview of the maintenance staff deployment rotation schedule.
- Maintaining an overview of the system maintenance schedule for deployed assets.
- Initial assessment and management of system technical/maintenance issues raised by the Deployed
- Maintenance Team prior to submission to the manufacturers for action.
- Day-to-day liaison with the OEM subcontract managers in respect of S-100 system maintenance and technical issues.
b) The day-to-day provision of logistics, shipping and spares support to the deployed maintenance teams including:
- Management of the Knack Inventory Management System.
- Maintaining an overview of spares inventory and managing sufficiency levels.
- Management of parts requests from initiation to receipt.
- Management of the Repair & Overhaul (R&O) process for system repairable items.
- Day-to-day liaison with the manufacturer subcontract managers in respect of sparing and logistics support.
c) The day-to-day interface with other Program Management Office (PMO) team members (operations, systems engineering, administration, Program Manager etc) in respect of program progress including:
- Compilation of maintenance inputs to Progress Review Meetings with the Customer and manufacturers as required, including the provision and analysis of maintenance data such as fault arising data and Mean Time Between Failure analysis.
- Maintenance inputs to technical projects and capability enhancements.
- Management of maintenance team administration and travel as required.
The M&L Mgr may also be delegated temporary SMM responsibilities during period of absence; the degree of delegation and any caveats will be specified by the SMM on the Temporary Appointment Record and associated Authorization Records.
- Be a graduate of an engineering discipline from a university that potentially, could be recognized by future Customer regulatory authorities, or be a graduate of an aerospace technology course that potentially, could be recognized by the same authorities.
- A civilian licensed Aerospace Maintenance Engineer (AME) qualification or military equivalent may also be taken into account.
- Work experience within an aerospace maintenance/engineering environment is preferred but will consider similar experience from other maintenance/engineering environments.
Training to be Provided
- Attendance on UAS ‘type’ courses as available.
- Attendance on Customer maintenance management/System Safety courses or other available role appropriate courses where required.
- MDA Maintenance Organization training in respect of maintenance and logistics process, procedures, documentation.
- Flight Safety and Human Factors Training.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.