WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Intermediate Software Developer in our Geointelligence Engineering Team at our Halifax office.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defense programs.
As a member of the Engineering team you will work on our programs such as Chorus Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Satellite, Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC), Square Kilometer Array (SKA) radio telescope, Aeronautical Navigation products, and Marine Insights products. You will work as part of a technical team to develop new capabilities, enhance existing capabilities and deliver solutions to our customers.
As part of your growth and development we will work with you to establish your development actions alongside regular progress reviews. You are likely to move through various projects to gain the experience and knowledge to progress your career with us.
- Delivering solutions that are technically competitive, cost-effective and have a direct impact on our customers
- Working from requirements to develop complex software systems
- Planning work, estimating effort, delivering on time and on budget
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high-quality software components
- Working with the team to complete the integration, testing and deployment of the software components into the full system
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems at both the software and the system level
- Following established development processes and technical and quality standards
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of development processes.
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering, or a combination of related education and experience
- Proficient in at least one of Go, Java, or C++
- An understanding of modern software architectures, object oriented design, and software design patterns
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and leverage your experiences and knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Team oriented approach
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with test automation tools and libraries
- Experience with Docker and service orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes and Rancher
- Experience with Angular, React, or Vue frameworks