WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
Are you a Systems/Software Engineer ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
Serving the world from our Canadian home and global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner, robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence Team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defense programs.
MDA is looking for a Systems/Software Engineer to join our Naval Operations Software Solutions (NOSS) Team at the CFB Halifax Dockyard Headquarters. As such, you will gain experience in the field of Operational Military Command and Control and Maritime Security Systems by joining a well-established team and work closely with the Operational Support Team at DND to provide critical support tools to our DND customers. The work flow for gathering requirements, approving changes and the process for taking features from inception through to production is well established and clear to follow.
MDA is on the hunt for a Systems/Software Engineer to join our NOSS Team at the CFB Halifax Dockyard Headquarters office immediately.
- Developing and documenting a detailed statement of requirements
- Performing analysis of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows
- Evaluating existing procedures and methods, identifying and documenting items such as database content, structure, application subsystems, and developing a data dictionary
- Defining and documenting interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems
- Identifying candidate business processes for re-design, prototype potential solutions, providing trade-off information and suggesting a recommended course of action
- Identifying modifications to the automated processes
- Supporting and using the selected departmental methodologies
- Creating and modifying screens and reports
- Producing forms, manuals, programs, data files, and procedures for systems and/or applications
- Monitoring the need for design changes as the project progresses
- Assist in developing test plans for testing the system
- Testing small computer systems, and sub-systems of larger systems for conformity to requirements
Core Requirements (experience/skills)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the last 15 years performing Systems/Software engineering activities
- Developing and documenting Statements of Requirements for IM/IT projects
- Analysis of functional requirements, information, procedures or decision flows; and
- Identifying business processes for re-design or prototyping potential IM/IT solutions
- Good knowledge of object-oriented software design
- Experience with structured unit testing and regression testing
- Effective communication, both verbally and written
Nice to have
Experience or certification with any of the following:
- Experience developing user requirements for multiple three-tier enterprise architectures
- Experience with Subversion and/or GitLab
- Experience with geospatial, dashboard and messaging projects
- Familiarity with DevOps, Test Driven Development and Agile processes