For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Intermediate Automation Test Developer on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Being a member of a cross-functional team, the Intermediate Automation Test Developer will support all tests and automation activities related to customer deliveries. He will interact with development teams, product owners and business stakeholders in order to develop a service that can meet their needs by prioritizing and developing new features and integrations. His focus will be mainly on behavioral driven development and process automation to perform end-to-end solution testing and assist with deployment and frequent releases.
You will also play a consulting role to development and operations teams, helping them to create standards, automate tasks, increase reliability and performance of applications and tooling.
- Drive visibility and continuous improvement of our delivery pipelines
- Design, document, and build systems to automate away operational problems
- Provide support for the engineering teams by troubleshooting and resolving software, pipeline and infrastructure-related issues with an eye to automating those issues away
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies and practices
- Implement, maintain, and improve application/system monitoring to help identify key performance metrics
- Perform system administration tasks, such as configuration management, creating and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templates and supporting tools
- Disaster recovery design, implementation, and maintenance
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Software or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years experience designing automated tests for hardware/software platforms
Preferred Technical Skills
- Experience with scripting languages used for automation such as Python, Groovy, Bash, etc.
- Experience managing and deploying development tooling such as Jenkins, GitHub, GitActions, SonarQube, etc.
- Strong Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills with a focus on performance tuning, security hardening and high availability
- Experience with source control such as Git or bitbucket (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Experience with automating environments on Azure Cloud
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools
- Experience with Docker and container orchestrators like Kubernetes
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with SQL Databases
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) development experience
- Experience in Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) environment
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience is an asset
- Strong understanding of load balancing and TLS
- Some experience in Web development to provide development teams with GUI tools
- Good knowledge to build and deploy Virtual Machines
- A strong desire to automate everything, including processes and infrastructure
- Knowledge of modern software development practices.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design, provisioning, and management.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills with ability to deliver high quality documents at appropriate level of detail.
- Ability to explain technical concepts clearly to business and executive staff.
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
- Experience working with security governance and audit teams and driving security standards.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Equal opportunity statement:
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used. This includes limiting onsite candidate interviews and prioritizing video interviews.