For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geo-intelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we are leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Cost Schedule Controller on our Robotics & Space Operations team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true. As our Junior Cost Schedule Controller, you will be reporting to the Business Manager, the role demands strong technical and analytical skills as a subject matter expert on planning, scheduling and cost control. This role provides support to the Program Planning and & Controls and PMO departments to define/refine, improve upon and apply processes, tools & controls and enhance profitability for programs.
Additionally, the successful candidate must place a large emphasis on continuous learning, be a team player, have a consistent and long-term employment record with same company and come up with new ideas/questioning attitude to support profitable program management. .
- Developing and maintaining contractual program performance measurement baselines while ensuring that timely and accurate cost and schedule analysis can be performed with anticipation of program manpower requirements.
- Provide reliable planning, scheduling, performance measurement, financial, and risk mitigation services to company stakeholders in order to achieve optimal profitability.
- Alert program managers and senior management about pending problems and corrective action required.
- Responsible for the maintenance and improvement of department systems, software and tools.
- Act as a go to person for employees to seek out for advice and guidance on Program Planning and control problems.
- Around five years of industry experience with two of those years in a junior cost controller/analyst role or equivalent, working with scheduling, cost control tools and ERP systems.
- Desired knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Understanding of PMBOK principles.
- CCP/PSP (AACE) or CAPM/PMP (PMI) accreditation is desirable.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling abilities.
- Experience with the front of the business and developing proposals.
- General knowledge of contract terms & conditions and their relation to project accounting and planning.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project.
- Excellent verbal & written communication along with Good presentation skills.
- Capable of working independently and prioritizing efforts.
- Demonstrates creativity in problem solving.
- Working in a multidisciplinary project team environment.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process we can assist.