For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Mixed-Signal Test Engineer on our Satellite systems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
The Mixed-signal test engineer will be responsible for the design of complex electronics systems and Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) for testing electronic units used in satellites and other space-based systems. The responsibilities include implementing proper level of automation to perform testing efficiently and with proper repeatability.
- Develop production, qualification and characterization test programs for RF/Digital mixed signal electronic units
- Develop test solutions to meet qualification requirements.
- Traceability/Compliance matrix
- Develop automated test techniques to improve test efficiency and reduce cost of test
- Debug design and performance problems
- RF and digital mixed signal analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams
- Production of relevant EGSE documentation
- Engineering degree and 5+ years of experience in testing Electronic systems, Digital Communications, and RF communications
- Extensive experience with laboratory instrumentation such as:
- Network analyzer
- High sampling oscilloscope (20 GHz+)
- Spectrum analyzer
- Arbitrary waveform generator
- Knowledge of RF systems
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing theory
- Knowledge/experience in the following programming languages:
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as:
- SPI serial link
- Good personal, written and verbal communication skills