MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Electronics Technologist on our Satellite Sytems team at our Montreal office.
As the leading global independent commercial supplier of antennas, payloads, and electronics for communication and radar satellites, our team has successfully contributed to hundreds of missions in the past 60 years. With an extensive heritage in a wide range of solutions delivered to customers globally, our Satellite Systems team continues to grow and evolve on the ground and in the stars. As our Intermediate Electronics Technician , you will require the supervision of more experienced technicians or technical/engineering personnel, performs a variety of tasks related to established systems or new tasks of medium complexity. Work is generally performed according to written or general instructions and participate in the testing of complex production units and systems.
- Suggests assembly procedures for electronics components of simple complexity
- Prepares routing slips for parts under his control
- Defines production templates associated with slips and performs a follow-up of their manufacturing
- Helps assembly operators by performing detailed reviews during production
- Follows rework procedures when an item does not meet required standards
- Helps superior level technologists in their work by participating to the development of new processes or tools and by writing summaries
- Makes recommendations in order to improve the efficiency of the production workshop
- Ensures that the work is performed according to internal procedures and in compliance with our occupational health and safety regulations
- Performs other discipline related duties.
- Knowledge of production techniques and electronics assembly processes
- Basic knowledge of electronics assembly tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft software and one ERP production database
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Diploma of college studies in Electronics Technology or the equivalent
- Fluent in both oral and written French. Knowledge of English is an asset
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
It is more important than ever to strengthen our workforce to meet the critical needs of our customers. We continue to recruit many talented people and are closely monitoring COVID-19.