MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Reporting directly to the production manager(s), the incumbent is responsible for providing floor supervision in the electronics and microelectronics assembly integration and test areas MIC/MHMIC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the assembly, integration and test (AI&T) for on-going projects.
- Ensuring workload is distributed amongst the team members and coordinating transfer of resources amongst the programs based on priorities.
- Ensuring that tools, equipment, facilities and other resources are available to the AI&T personnel.
- Ensuring that issues such as discrepancy reports and dispositions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work performed by the AI&T team is done per company established policies, standards and procedures ensuring that the product meets quality and performance targets.
- Participate in the performance appraisal process of personnel under his/her supervision.
- In conjunction with HR ensure the proper and judicious application of the company’s collective agreements as well as the company Health & safety procedures..
- Create an atmosphere of trust, motivation and cooperation as well as high productivity, cost and schedule awareness.
- Ensure the team completes specific milestones on schedule to meet program, departmental and divisional objectives. Promote a culture of excellence, quality, respect.
- 5 or more years of technical experience in the aerospace industry is needed with a strong knowledge of electronics and microelectronics assembly integration and test, machining, fabrication, assembly and inspection methods.
- The incumbent must demonstrate that he/she has strong interpersonal and leadership skills in performance management, team-building and motivation in a unionized environment.
- Fluent in French and English, oral and written
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.