MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA is looking for motivated and talented young graduates in mechanical engineering to join its mechanical analysis team. Within an engineering team, the selected candidates will establish the structural design of antennas and space electronic equipment.
Using “Nx/Space Systems Thermal” as well as other commercial or in-house developed softwares, the thermal analyst will:
- Predict temperature distribution and heat flows in the spaceborne antennas and electronic equipment at different stages of product life,
- Recommend best mechanical designs based on evaluation of space hardware’s thermal behavior and characteristics,
- Select of appropriate thermal protection, thermal control hardwares, surface finishes and interfaces,
- Generate of analysis reports.
You will size the components, identify problem areas and suggest modifications as necessary. You may also be called to generate test procedures, carry experiments and write test reports to demonstrate design worthiness.
Applicants must have the following knowledge and skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering completed. A master’s degree is an asset.
- Desire to learn
- Some experience in thermal analysis and generation of thermal math model (TMM) preferably with Nx/“Space Systems Thermal” (or “TMG”).
- Knowledge and understanding of space environments.
- Multi-tasking capability.
- Academic performance (general average greater than 3.0 / 4.0).
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain and hold Security and Controlled Goods Clearances.
Working at MDA means first and foremost working as part of a passionate team in a friendly atmosphere. It is the expertise, creativity and solidarity of our employees that have, over the years, forged the worldwide reputation of our products.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.