MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
This position requires an Electrical Engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in RF/Microwave circuit design. Solid knowledge in one or more of the following areas: phased-array, beamforming network, microwave packaging and part interconnects/transitions, multilayer substrate technologies, wideband matching, thermal compensation, time delay circuits and radiating elements. Knowledge of RF/microwave test techniques is also required. Familiarity with microwave GaAs and Si-based IC and parts assembly techniques are important assets. While a practical knowledge of RF/Microwave CAD tools such as Keysight ADS and Ansys HFSS is essential, familiarity with Keysight SystemVue and Mentor Graphics is a definite asset.
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: reference oscillators, frequency synthesizers, phase-lock loops, frequency multipliers, low noise amplifiers, up and down converters, power amplifiers, QPSK modulators, and high-speed A/D and IF to baseband converters. Knowledge of multilayer PCB and SMT technologies is also an asset along with experience with MMICs and RFIC’s using state of the art technology.
Experience in performing various engineering analysis is desired such as worst-case and failure analysis are beneficial for this position. Good writing skills are also required for generating relevant engineering documentation. Exposure to space radiation effects for electronic components is considered an asset.
- Establishes detailed RF designs and sub-assembly performance specifications to fulfil the requirements of assigned general Unit specifications.
- Generates RF electrical line-ups, performs electrical budgets and detailed analysis.
- Performs experiments, bench tests, etc., researches challenging designs through various sources of technical information.
- Works with the production teams through the development phase optimizing the design for increased manufacturing efficiency.
- Produces technical documentation (part lists, schematics, etc) & technical reports
- Generates and presents design technical review material for various design reviews such as PDR & CDR.
- Analyzes results and prepares project reports, make recommendations within the scope of his/her project responsibility.
- May assist, advise, direct and review the work of less experienced Engineers.
- Responsible for the completion of assignments within budgetary and time limitations.
- Generates engineering and test-related estimates for the time required to complete pre-defined work scope.
- Occasionally supports the generation of RF technical proposals.
- Generates program schedules and updates on a regular basis identifying workaround plans to recover from unexpected challenges.
- Candidates should have 5 to 10 years of experience in RF circuit design.
- B.Sc or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, M.Sc preferred.
- Strong teamwork capabilities, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19