MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA is developing Canada’s next generation Communication and Control (C2) application for NATO Communication and Intelligence Agency, named TRITON. TRITON will be designed, developed and integrated from MDA offices at Halifax NS.
MDA is looking for a talented Co-op Student with a Computer Science or Computer Engineering background to join the TRITON team for four months. The successful candidate will work in an agile software development environment and participate in the detailed design, development and verification of Java and Angular software components.
- Working towards a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- Software development experience using Java or Angular
- Some experience working with Linux
- Knowledge of software development process, including detailed design, coding, test and deployment
- Experienced in object-oriented software design
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to understand and work with complex software requirement specifications
- Excellent problem solving skills and verbal / written communication skills
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with System/Software design tools such as MagicDraw
- Knowledge in C2 systems
- The successful candidate must hold or be eligible to obtain the relevant Security and Controlled Goods Clearances.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.