MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA is seeking a Configuration Management Technologist to maintain configuration control over design documentation records (drawings, parts lists, specifications, etc.) and manage the incorporation of changes. They will function effectively as part of a team and interface with many different disciplines, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance etc. They will provide assistance to project members in implementing configuration management requirements, as well as supporting design reviews. They will be required to maintain processes and work instructions for effective configuration and data management while working within project budgeted hours and contractual requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
Interested candidates must possess a degree or diploma, plus related work experience that demonstrates an interest in working in this the field.
- Candidates must have the ability to process large amounts of verbal and written information, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and balance priorities to meet deadlines.
- A strong knowledge of MS office products is required.
- Strong people skills are required to interface with many different internal disciplines as well as large external c.
- Previous configuration management experience in the aerospace or other highly-regulated industry is considered an asset.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, meticulous, and able to follow step-by-step procedures.
- The candidate must have strong verbal and written English communication skills as well as the ability to excel in a team environment.
- All candidates must be able to obtain both CGP and ITAR clearance.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.