MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
- Required to assemble components on printed circuit boards.
- Must possess a NASA or Military Workmanship Standard Certification or have directly-related working experience in this field and acquire, through a MDA – approved course, this certification.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Performs assembly tasks such as soldering, electro-mechanical processes and ultra-sonic or similar welding on simple to complex units using a variety of assembly instructions, oral and written, to produce a product to company and/or NASA or MIL standards.
- Uses assembly equipment to crimp, shape, insert components, wire wrap/twist/insert, weld, etc.
- Operates crimp tools, ovens, scales, cleaners, micro-welding machines and other related equipment.
- Manually forms and inserts components into printed wiring boards and modules.
- Works with colour-coded materials.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.