MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop state-of-the-art robotics.
- Identify problem areas, propose design modification or improvement and subsequently approve the mechanical design.
- Support manufacturing, and validate and prove the mechanical design by conducting mechanical tests on the product hardware according to the mechanical loading environment.
- Generate analysis reports and create mechanical test plans and reports.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- B.Sc. or the equivalent in Mechanical Engineering. M.Sc. preferred.
- Minimum 5yrs experience with mechanism design and analysis activities, including tolerance analysis, component selection and performance analysis
- Familiarity with NX CAD & CAE tools
- Experience in the manufacturing and testing of subsystems, assemblies and components
- Identifies risks, proposes solutions and develops mitigation strategies.
- Investigate problems/failures during development and test
- Experience with customer interactions for presentations, technical discussions or training.
- Liaises with customer to resolve issues and discuss new business.
- Communication skills – oral and written
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Ability of working under tight schedule and pressure
- Understanding spacecraft requirement is an asset
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.