WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
- We’re on the hunt for a a Program Safety & Mission Assurance Manager on our Robotics and Space Product Assurance team at our Brampton office.
- With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
- The Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) Program Manager is a member of the Product Assurance leadership team and reports directly to the Director, Safety & Mission Assurance. The S&MA Program Manager is a change agent driving continuous improvement of the divisions’ business processes to exceed customer expectations, improve product quality and business performance. They work within projects and the S&MA department to innovate and continuously align quality of product, processes, lessons learned, employee engagement and customer satisfaction.
- The S&MA Program Manager will support two programs: the Logistics and Sustaining Engineering (L&SE) team that supports Canadarm2 and Dextre operations on the International Space Station, and the Gateway External Robotics Interfaces (GERI) team. The successful candidate will provide leadership for the Safety and Mission Assurance team and proactively focus on customer interactions, risk mitigation, project planning, and project execution.
Safety & Mission Assurance Program Management
- Responsible for all technical, cost and schedule aspects of S&MA group on the project.
- Ensure project adheres to and meets all agreed to timelines/budgets.
- Identify and manage customer and program risks and opportunities including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution.
- Responsible for the project S&MA planning, budget and proper staff infrastructure to ensure effective planning and controls.
- Works closely with the program team, while retaining direct line authority to the Director of Safety &
- Mission Assurance on risk mitigation, S&MA compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Liaison with various subcontractors and major suppliers. Responsible for flow down of S&MA requirements to subcontractors and assurance of their adherence to requirements.
- Timely and accurate control of Material Review Board (MRB) process for the disposition of Non-conformances. Participation in failure investigations/on-orbit anomaly resolutions and representation/approval of all such closures.
- Manage S&MA requirements on project to meet internal, external and customer requirements.
- Ensure project is adhering to those set requirements.
- Liaison with customer in support of customer mission assurance requirements.
- Lead and maintain a multi-discipline PA team comprising of PA leads, Quality Assurance, Software PA, Materials & Processes, EEE and Mechanical Parts, CADM, Safety and Reliability.
- Provide leadership within the PA Department.
- Coaches team to continuously improve to meet project cost, schedule and technical requirements.
Continuous Improvement Advocate
- Define and document improvements to MDA’s best practices to be competitive and better respond to customer needs while ensuring compliance with customer requirements.
- Identifies, supports, and promotes innovation and continuing process improvements within the department and across the business.
- Ensures the usage and procurement of up-to-date tools on the project.
Independent Review Team
- Provide independent review of project and engineering execution to increase early risk identification and mitigation
- Have a minimum 8 years of experience, and currency in relevant technical and business fields.
- Preferably, have a minimum 2 years in S&MA or Quality Assurance with good understanding of theoretical, practical and implementation aspects.
- Have a minimum 2 years of experience with highly regulated government customers.
- Strive to find the best processes for a dynamically changing organization using innovative technical solutions and external industry standards.
- Have proven change management approach that engages the organization, other divisions and customers.
- Demonstrate leadership ability that includes effective communication, interpersonal, motivating and negotiating skills to operate effectively with all organizational work experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously and as a member of a high performing technical team.
- Have high motivation with a proven ability to adapt quickly in dynamic environments.
- Have good financial, budgeting and planning skills. Good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with quality standards (SAE AS9100D, ISO 13485, CSA Z299.1) requirements is an asset.
- Familiarity with INFOR LN, PLM is an asset