WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geo-intelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth.
Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more. We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are on the hunt for a technical program manager on our Robotics & Space Operations team at our Brampton office who specialize in Vision Systems and Sensors and software.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As our Program Manager, you will manage space programs for domestic and international customers that include opportunities related to new R&D, servicing the International Space Station, commercial space companies and deep space exploration.
The majority of programs are fixed price in nature
Identify and manage customer and program risks and opportunities including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution Negotiate, discuss and reach an agreement with the customer with respect to the key requirements and objectives of the program
- Lead multi-disciplinary program teams to meet technical, schedule and cost requirements.
- Maintain hands-on control of the program through a process of regular program reviews, design reviews and audits, staff meetings and other program meetings
- Maintain program visibility at the customer level through regular technical, management, and progress meetings.
- Liaise with customers to maintain effective relationships to instill and enhance the customer’s confidence in MDA’s quality systems and products Develop/maintain a cadre of capable subcontractors and suppliers in conjunction with the supply chain that will ensure meeting supply requirements throughout the life of the program
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Quality Assurance, Finance, Project Planning and Control, Contracts, Engineering and Manufacturing and New Business Demonstrate leadership across the organization; promoting common core values
- Minimum 5 years Program Management experience is mandatory, including leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Working in medium – Large sized enterprises
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in design and development of space flight, military or other safety/mission-critical hardware and/or software Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering or technical field
- Experience in program planning and execution, design & development, manufacture, assembly, integration and test, operations, and/or maintenance (e.g. vision systems, sensors, and software)
- Strong knowledge of program management best practices along with experience with MS Project, earned value methodology, negotiations, risk management, contract management, subcontract management, financials and ITAR regulations
- Areas of specific knowledge that are desired include: electro-optic and opto-mechanical systems for cameras and laser range finders, safety-critical space, aerospace, military applications, systems engineering, embedded systems, software, simulations, mission operations
- Experience with government space agency programs
- Great interpersonal skills
- Team player demonstrating a high level of integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict management skills in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Results-oriented and exhibits excellent critical thinking Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service
- Ability to cope with significant workload peaks
- Ability to travel as required