MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop robotic technology and space-borne sensing systems. The thermal analyst will perform the steady state and transient thermal analyses and support thermoelastic analysis using standard thermal analysis techniques. Identify problem areas, propose design modification or improvement and subsequently approve the thermal and mechanical design. Support manufacturing, and validate and prove the thermal design by conducting thermal and thermal-vacuum tests on the product hardware according to the thermal environment. Generate analysis reports and create thermal test plans and reports.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years direct experience on thermal analysis – conceptual design, sizing, verification and validation of thermal control systems
- Experience in impact of different thermal environmental conditions (natural and induced thermal loads) on thermal and mechanical design
- Experience in a major CAD tool (such as NX, Pro-E or Catia)
- Strong problem solving skills and initiative-taking
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability
- Knowledge and understanding of thermal and general mechanical design
- Ability of working under tight schedule and pressure
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in the design of thermal control systems and analysis for spacecraft would be considered an asset
- Experience with NX Space Systems Thermal or Thermal Desktop would be an asset
- Strong programming skills in Python, MatLab or similar would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree is preferred
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.