Intermediate Systems Engineer
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for an Intermediate Systems Engineering/MTS in our Robotics and Space Operations team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As an Intermediate Engineering/ Systems Member of Technical Staff, your responsibilities will include: carry out systems engineering work for the Mobile Servicing System, the next-generation Canadarm3, and related projects.
- Develop high-level system requirements, based upon the end user needs and/or stated requirements
- Analyze and decompose systems-level requirements and allocate requirements and design margin across sub-system elements
- Advocate for design to cost, design for test, and design for manufacture approaches throughout the organization for effective productization of commercial space systems
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of technical and interface requirements
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of high-level system and subsystem design
- Develop verification and test plans
- Understand and assess design issues, determine appropriate resolutions, and work with the team to address
- Troubleshoot system behaviour anomalies; determine root cause, and the appropriate technical resolution.
- Review, analyse, and interpret telemetry from deployed system with context and understanding of the system development life cycle
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in engineering (e.g., a successful internship or capstone project), basic knowledge of the MSS system and its operation, and/or knowledge of robotic systems, flight verification and validation, and operations analysis is preferred.
- Familiarity with mission-critical software, Matlab/Simulink, and computer-aided design tools would also be a benefit.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.