MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We’re on the hunt for a Jr. Electrical Designer/ Jr. MTS on our Robotics & Space Operations team at our Brampton office.
With 40 years of operational experience and proven performance on the iconic Canadarm programs including Space Shuttle and International Space Station robotics and operations support, our Robotics & Space Operations team has 100% mission success in making space dreams come true.
As our Jr. Electrical Designer/ Jr. MTS, you will work in the Logistics & Sustaining Engineering (L&SE) program (to support On-Orbit Space Station activities), and/or Gateway External Robotics System, and/or R&D activities.
- Define and develop an EEE parts plan as required to support the costing, schedule planning and pricing of proposals.
- Ensure the EEE parts meet the program electrical, environmental and reliability requirements and are in line with the EEE parts plan.
- Work with the designers/engineers to select EEE parts and screening that meet the project’s cost and schedule.
- Arrange for the status of EEE parts to be available to the stake holders and report any EEE parts issues that could affect cost and schedule to the PA Manager/Lead and Program Management (i.e. unreasonable Customer).
- Decision-making that supports cost and schedule, such as pragmatic application of OTS methodology.
- Review and approve drawings and parts lists, both hard copies & PLM.
- Perform Parts Application analyses to ensure that parts are adequately de-rated for the application.
- Support design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR) as required.
- Co-ordinate parts screening and qualification, including DPA. Ensure that pragmatic assessments are made when reviewing procurement and screening issues.
- Support the MRB process to investigate and resolve EEE part discrepancies.
- If required, coordinate part failure investigations and analyses to determine root cause and effective corrective action.
- Review GIDEP and NASA Alerts for applicability on a program and initiate appropriate investigation and corrective action if required.
- Generate GIDEP Alerts as required.
- Remain current on new technologies and industry changes (lead-free, counterfeit parts, etc.).
- Communicate new technologies and changes to rest of MDA as well as other MDA divisions.
- Recommend process improvements to the line manager to provide improvement to cost and schedule.
- MS Office skills is a must: MS Word, MS Excel & MS Visio.
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics/Applied Mathematics or Engineering Science. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at all locations. As a team member of MDA, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection through competitive health care including; extended healthcare and flexible drug plans, dental and vision benefits, disability income protection, life insurance, group retirement savings plans; and an employee and family assistance program.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Benefits: Extended health care
Schedule: 8 hour shift
COVID-19 Hiring Update: Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used.
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (Required)