MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative engineer with experience working in the space industry.
Are you passionate about space exploration? Do you have experience designing or building systems for the harsh space environment? If so then this is a rare chance to join a growing company with an exemplary heritage in the industry. We have exciting opportunities available to join our international team developing instrumentation for several space programmes, including lunar and Mars missions and technology demonstrators.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Product Assurance Engineer is an integral part of the team, and is responsible for ensuring the highest possible quality for MDA projects.
Typical duties include:
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and evaluating the company Quality system meeting ISO 9001 standards; including scheduling and performing quality audits, initiating corrective actions; investigating product failures and more,
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Plans and EEE parts control plans and implementing project quality requirements to ensure customer requirements are met,
- Review and approval of product electrical and software requirements and design drawings/documents, analysis, test plans/procedures/reports and performance of inspections/test witnessing for assessing MDA products and deliverables ensuring customer requirements are met,
- Preparation of FMEA and Safety Review packages
- Working in conjunction with others to create, implement, evaluate and adjust company’s quality policies, standards, and procedures. This includes working with process owners to establish programs and improve compliance with Quality Standards,
- Determining, reviewing and approving supplier’s performance as per required specifications and conduct of supplier audits,
- Developing and maintaining Quality standards relating to processes and products,
- Maintaining systems to measure performance against established standards,
- Implementing approved sampling, reporting and data analysis as required,
- Participating in customer and supplier meetings,
- Communicating with and providing direction to project teams on quality issues on a regular basis, and proactively assist in resolving issues as they relate to quality,
- Managing regulatory compliance requirements,
- Providing input to requests for proposals on quality related points,
- Developing and delivering quality training as required.
Education and/or Certifications:
- A degree from a recognized university (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred)
- 5-10 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of quality system principles and practices including knowledge of ISO 9001 or AS9100,
- Knowledge of military and aerospace quality standards
- Familiar with engineering concepts and practices including electrical, optical and mechanical design and verification,
- Experience in project management,
- Experience writing proposals,
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and configuration control software,
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written,
- Capable of working well individually as well as part of a team,
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.