MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, MDA’s global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Innovation in Space and Defence
MDA has successfully exported its made-in-Canada solutions for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. MDA is committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defence systems.
The new space economy is based on agility, rapid technology development and harnessing capital to turn commitments into reality, generating benefits for humanity as well as a return on investment. MDA’s 1,900 future-focused employees are working together to turn ideas into the products, services, systems, and solutions that make a better world.
Please review the job details below.
MDA Kanata, is an aerospace company that offers a diverse range of career and learning opportunities. A pioneer in the world of vision systems, we develop and build mechanical, hardware, and software for space, defence and industrial automation industries. As a successful NASA Prime Contractor, our reputation has been built on making things work in challenging environments. Major customers include NASA, the European Space Agency, Northrop Grumman, and the Canadian Space Agency. Projects run the gamut from developing embedded robotics-control systems for the Space Station, to integrating rover navigation sensors and software, to developing next-generation 3D LiDAR sensors for space applications. We are currently looking for an FPGA Designer to join our team in Kanata, ON.
- Manage, implement, and maintain all aspects of a wide range of FPGAs that will be used in space,
- Work with analysts, board designers and other FPGA designers to design new FPGA-based solutions;
- Design and implement verification test environment;
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware in the lab;
- Work with Software engineers to assist with system level integration;
- Evaluate new FPGA devices and related hardware;
- Document all aspect of the design, support and defend design during formal design reviews.
- Support board design activities
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years related experience
- Digital design background including exposure to FPGA implementation, design and verification using Verilog and System Verilog,
- Experience with Digital design simulation and code coverage tools,
- Experience performing board level testing using logic analyzers and oscilloscopes,
- Proven track record as a fast learner, able to multi-task and quickly become productive adapting existing designs,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Able to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance (minimum Secret Level II).
- Aerospace/military, image processing, and radiation tolerant design experience
- Experience with Python programming language,
- Experience with all steps of the design flow with tools from Microsemi and Xilinx,
- Experience with RTG4, RT-ProASIC3 and Zynq FPGAs
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
With respects to Accessibilities for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please feel free to notify us.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.