WE’LL TAKE YOU THERE
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geo-intelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
We are seeking a GeoSpatial Analyst to continue to evolve MDA leadership in ground movement monitoring, as well as support the communication of measurements made from interferometric synthetic aperture radar (InSAR) analyses of mines, oil and gas reservoirs, pipelines, cities, and critical transportation and infrastructure.
Located in our Ottawa Office the candidate would join a highly motivated team of analysts who provide continuous, operational monitoring to clients around the world. The successful candidate will support the ongoing maintenance and development of our client facing visualization platform to our surface movement products. The successful candidate will also augment the InSAR production team by supporting product generation, analysis and delivery.
- MDA is a leading provider of Interferometric ground movement measurements using our proprietary software solution to generate quality measurements.
- MDA is one of the earliest InSAR technology developers and our InSAR analytics are recognized worldwide. Our world-leading proprietary InSAR processing software and robust production environment are responsible for the successful implementation of these projects, providing high-resolution and quality products to a wide range of clients.
MDA is seeking a proven GeoSpatial Analyst and GIS Application Developer with experience in imagery and vector content within a GIS environment. The position will seek to combine the understanding of surface movement products generated from Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data, and the continued development and maintenance of a client facing visualization platform for those products.
- Work with a team of geospatial analysts in the execution of InSAR service projects
- Generate surface movement products over mines, oil and gas reservoirs, pipelines, cities, and transportation infrastructure using proprietary methods of InSAR analysis developed by MDA.
- Produce maps and graphics used for communication of geospatial phenomena using Esri ArcGIS software
- Maintain and continue the development of the MDA Visualization Portal based on Esri ArcGIS-Online including:
- Support and maintain the current solution and publication of surface movement products for client access.
- Development of Apps and Tools for client interactions with surface movement data shared via ArcServer/ArcGIS Online.
- Support future scaling up of services to include ArcGIS Enterprise deployment, ArcGIS Server
- federated with an ArcGIS Enterprise portal.
- University degree in Sciences and Geomatics background
- Experience with imagery and vector content in applications within a GIS environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with remote sensing and geomatics technologies is essential
- Knowledge of Digital Signal/Image Processing is essential
- Knowledge of Experience working with the Esri ArcGIS Online services and associated programming skills is essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Knowledge and experience working with Satellite Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) (RADARSAT-1 and –2; Sentinel-1, etc) is an asset
- Knowledge of Interferometric analysis and applications is an asset
- Computer programming/scripting skills is an asset
- Ability to work to tight schedules
- Ambition to grow in the organization