MDA develops and delivers advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defence and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems.
Provide optical communication system design and development, performance analysis, implementation and testing in support of MDA optical communication system.
- The Optical Communication System Specialist provides both system architecture design development and system performance analysis during the payload life cycle, including bids, requirement definition, project implementation, testing phases along with R&D activities in support of payload or processes improvement.
- Optical free space communication link budgets and atmospheric channel modelling
- End-to-end communication system design involving optical technologies
- Analysis and specification of optical subsystems such as optical inter-satellite links, optical feeder link terminal (space and ground), adaptive optics, etc.
- System design and specification of beamforming using silicon photonics
- Support in the preparation of R&D funding proposals
- Provide support to and/or lead payload design development activities.
- Write engineering documentations: system requirements, SOC, verification and validation matrix, design description, systems budgets, equipment specifications, test requirements.
- Perform system worst case analysis, inputs and support to program reviews: EQSR, SRR, PDR, CDR.
- Payload assembly Integration and Test. Attend test reviews: TRR, TRB, DRB, and NCR’s.
- Technical monitoring of subcontractors.
Must have competences:
- Ability to operate in an environment with technical uncertainty
- Ability to self-develop technical requirements based on technology objectives and market parameters
- Ability to lead technology development efforts, including leading a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Ability to work with academic and government partners
- B.Sc in electrical engineering and 2-7 years minimum experience in Optical Communications in the satellite industry or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge in the following area will be considered favourably:
- o R&D management, controlling schedule, cost and deliverables
- o Free space optical communication
- o Optical atmospheric disturbance modelling and mitigation methods
- o Silicon photonic design and/or packaging
- o RF design knowledge or Digital in signal processing system knowledge
Job type: Full time, Permanent
- Complementary Health Insurance
- 8 hours
- Temporarily due to COVID-19