For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there. Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and GeoIntelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we’re leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
MDA’s Radar Production facility is the primary processor of RADARSAT-2 data downlinked in Canada and responsible for the Data Reception Monitoring, Processing and Delivery of both RADARSAT-2 and RADARSAT Constellation Missions. As such, Radar Production is staffed to cover reception and processing activities for all downlinks to Canadian Facilities. 20/24 hr, 7 days/week. The facility, adjacent to the Gatineau Satellite Station monitors receptions, SAR processing, and the delivery of SAR data for these multiple SAR sensors. This includes processing and quality assurance of SAR data, near-real-time delivery of products and value added image analysis. These analysis products are the information extraction from SAR for clients requiring the capture and conversion of various formats, and techniques and applications of SAR, with a focus on Maritime Security using SAR for vessel detection. Radar Production also serves as a key interface for MDA Client Services and international clients regarding technical questions related to all satellites handled by GSI and often-requiring support for GSI development and project initiatives.
Are you ready to launch the next stage of your career in the new space economy? We would love to hear from you!
Operate the MDA GSI production systems and support Geomatics related activities at the Gatineau Satellite Station in Cantley Quebec.
General responsibilities include:
- Monitoring incoming orders, interface with internal and external systems.
- Process multi-mission SAR data.
- Post-processing products validation as required.
- Delivery of products, including meeting client expectations for near-real time products and services.
- In-depth trouble-shooting of various processing related issues and problems
- Communicate with Client Services Representatives (CSR) and clients for technical support and enquiries.
- Perform Value Added Products (VAP) Services as required to support Near-real time (NRT) project related activities, these include target, oil and wind detection using customized GIS analysis tools.
- Interact directly with Production Supervisor on VAP procedures and methodologies.
- Image quality analysis of multi-mission SAR Imagery.
- Complete delegated project related tasks, including the development and implementation of VAP related methodologies and procedures as may be required for NRT events.
- Plan and ensure resource coverage for meeting NRT deliveries as may be required each shift.
- Independently ensure that skills are updated and practiced in anticipation of possible NRT requirements.
- Respond to Geomatics related inquiries from CSRs and clients in a timely and comprehensive manner, ensuring all information is provided in congruent with the Radar Production operations and procedures.
- Two to three years related experience in GIS or Remote Sensing.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience and education combined.
- Strong capability in Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience in a GIS/EO tools an asset.
- Basic Remote Sensing and GIS COTS software an asset.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours – evenings and weekends are required.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.